Preheat your ovens and grease your pans – baking season has returned. Meet the cast of the brand new season of the Great Australian Bake Off.
Kicking off on Thursday, January 18 at 8.30pm, season three of The Great Australian Bake Off will see a diverse group of 12 amateur bakers and pâtissiers put to the test.
Judged by culinary icon Maggie Beer and restaurateur and chef Matt Moran, the 10-part series will feature 30 mouth-watering challenges – including delectable sweet and savouries like crepe cakes, Fraiser cakes, waffles, sausage rolls and biscotti.
In each episode, bakers are asked to complete three challenges: a Signature Bake, where they show off their creative take on a familiar recipe - like muffins or tarts. Second is the Technical Bake, which is a surprise recipe from Matt or Maggie, revealed moments before the challenge begins. The results are then blind-tested by Matt and Maggie.
Lastly, the contestants compete in the Showstopper challenge. Each baker can show off their skill and prowess with icing and adornments, eggs and flour.
Today, the season three baker contestants have been announced. Stepping into the baker shed will be:
- Claudia Anton (48), Psychiatrist from Melbourne
- Chris Asquith (32), System Administrator from Newcastle
- Barb Dunn (37), Finance Manager from Brisbane
- Max Fetiveau (28), Plasterer from Brisbane
- Robert Harwood (34), I.T. administrator from Perth
- Raeesa Khatree (37), Ex-Lawyer turned health store worker from Brisbane
- Marcus Matear (27), Dentist from Melbourne
- Jessica Osbone (28), Sales Co-ordinator from Brisbane
- Alex Papadopoulos (47), Building Material Importer from Melbourne
- Emma Sievwright (23), Science Graduate from Brisbane
- Michelle Trevorrow (64), Retiree from Melbourne
- Dave Yan (35), Accountant from Sydney
Having previously aired on Lifestyle FOOD, season three of The Great Australian Bake Off will premiere for the first time on Lifestyle on Thursday, January 18 at 8.30pm.
Following its broadcast on Lifestyle, each episode will be available to watch from Foxtel’s on-demand library or streamed on Foxtel Now.