Think Thredbo is just a Winter Wonderland? Make the most of your own backyard this summer, and discover what Australia and the Snowy Mountains has to offer!
Whether you’re in search of an adventure filled holiday, wanting to relax and explore breathtaking nature, enjoy exclusive events and live music, create lasting memories with the family or all of the above, there’s something for everyone this summer at Thredbo.
Boasting kilometres of amazing mountain bike trails, a fun new skate park, the chance to walk to Australia's highest point atop Mt Kosciusko, fishing, abseiling and some of the best music festivals in the country, Thredbo is the ultimate summer destination.
So escape the city and enjoy one of the many summer events and activities on offer at Thredbo this summer, including Thredbo Blues Festival, Snowy Mountains Country Music Festival, the international yoga and mindfulness festival Wanderlust, Cannonball Mountain Biking Festival, the resort’s Australia Day festivities and much more.
Here is your ultimate guide to Summer in Thredbo:
- School Holidays Adventure Festival (24th December, 2015 – 10th January, 2016) will keep the whole family entertained, with a jam-packed line up of free activities and experiences. With mountain-biking workshops, nature adventures, circus classes and New Year’s Celebrations just some of the fun on offer, the adventure festival is set to be a mountain of fun for all ages.
- Thredbo Blues Festival (15th – 17th January, 2016) returns with its biggest line-up ever with 22 big-name acts, including ARIA Hall of Fame inductee Russell Morris, ARIA Award winner Jeff Lang, Blues royalty Ray Beadle and multi-instrumentalist Rick Price, set to take over the Alpine village.
- Wanderlust Festival (18th – 21st February, 2016) is heading to Thredbo for the first time ever this summer! The 4-day celebration of mindful living complete with yoga and meditation instructors, musical performers, speakers, artists and chefs will transform Thredbo into a retreat experience unlike any other.
- Snowy Mountains Country Music Festival (5th March, 2016) is set to be an incredible day of music, with two of country music’s hottest American artists, Kip Moore and Kelsea Ballerini, as well as Aussie music icon Daryl Braithwaite headlining the festival. With a line-up of rising Australian country stars the festival will rock music lovers in Thredbo’s unique concert location and natural amphitheatre.
- Easter Family Adventure Festival (25th-28th March, 2016) will have kids and parents hopping into holiday mode, with plenty of free activities and big events on offer across four fun and chocolate filled days.
Learn more here https://www.thredbo.com.au/events/
Thredbo has a range of great value accommodation options available for all budgets, including event packages and off-peak rates. For more information on packages and what’s on this summer please visit Thredbo’s website, or call the Thredbo Resort Centre on 1300 020 589, or visit Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.