If you plan ahead, keep an eye out for good deals and are flexible with your travel dates, your holiday budget can stretch a lot further. Here are Expedia's top tips for school holiday travel!
1. Book early for school holiday travel – When you know it’s peak season, it’s best to book early. Availability in popular destinations is often limited so if you see a deal, nab it while you can.
2. Be flexible – Being flexible with travel dates during school holiday periods can save you money. Check prices a couple of days either side of your planned departure day as prices fluctuate. For instance, hotel prices tend to be cheaper on a Sunday than a Saturday night.
3. Pick a destination that suits everyone in the family – Take some time to research your travel destination to ensure there are plenty of activities nearby for the whole family to enjoy.
4. Find family-friendly accommodation – Some travel websites, like Expedia, let you search for hotels and resorts based on family-friendly criteria, such as on-site babysitting services, free breakfast, all-inclusive meals, and children’s clubs. Checking out independent traveller reviews, like Expedia’s verified reviews, is also a great way to understand if the hotel is going to be suitable for your family.
5. Bundle to save – Our top tip is to save big is to book your hotel, flights and/or car rental together - it can save you hundreds of dollars. Not only does this save you money, it saves you time.
6. Say no to fees - Why pay a flight booking fee when you don’t have to? Being aware of travel websites that charge you an additional fee on top of the advertised rate to book flights with them is a must for families looking to save on their next holiday.
To check out cheap travel deals go to www.expedia.com.au