There's no doubt Instagram is a great source of travel inspo (and envy), with nearly 60 million photos uploaded to the social media site each day. Here are the top 10 most Instagrammed Australian landmarks, based on their hashtag usage.
The Sydney Harbour Bridge has trumped the Opera House and the world-famous Bondi Beach as the most Instagrammed Australian tourist attraction, according to a list released from Love Home Swap. With nearly 60 million photos uploaded to Instagram each day, Love Home Swap has investigated which of Australia’s iconic tourist landmarks have us reaching for our smart phones most.
The Sydney Harbour Bridge came out on top, receiving over 340,000 hashtags to date, with Bondi Beach, the Sydney Opera House, Uluru and Manly Beach rounding out the top five.
Here, Love Home Swap shares the list of the top 10 most Instagrammed Australian tourist attractions:
1. Sydney Harbour Bridge, Sydney NSW, 342,969 posts
2. Bondi Beach, Sydney NSW, 261,911 posts
3. Sydney Opera House, Sydney NSW, 134,641 posts
4. Uluru (Ayers Rock), Alice Springs NT, 87,6654 posts
5. Manly Beach, Sydney NSW, 74,945 posts
6. The Twelve Apostles, Great Ocean Road VIC, 69,834 posts
7. Queen Victoria Building, Sydney NSW, 43,183 posts
8. Whitehaven Beach, Whitsundays QLD, 24,828 posts
9. Cradle Mountain, Cradle Mountain National Park TAS, 16,724 posts
Photo: My Island Home
10. The Sydney Tower, Sydney NSW, 15,353 posts
Start your free trial with the world's biggest home exchange club at lovehomeswap.com