Camping holidays are a quintessential Australian past time, but before you tackle the great outdoors, you need to make sure you’re prepared with the proper equipment to ensure you experience the ultimate holiday adventure.
Bunnings National Leisure Buyer, Cameron Rist, provides his expert tips on making the most of your getaway:
• Compile a checklist of camping essentials before you leave home and check off each item as you pack. This will ensure nothing important gets left behind.
• Test camping equipment before you leave for your trip. Checking each item in the lead-up to your holiday allows you to fix or replace any camping essentials that may be damaged.
• Look into the amenities available at your camping destination before leaving, including barbecues, bathrooms and power outlets. This will assist the packing process, ensuring you're prepared with the right equipment before leaving home.
• Never pack camping gear away when wet as this can cause mildew to build up and grow, shortening the life of your equipment. Instead, set the items up at home to dry before you begin to pack.
• Torches and lanterns are camping necessities, so make sure you're armed with a durable and long lasting product to assist those late night bathroom visits and campfire games.
• A gazebo is a great way to extend your camping space and provide extra shade and protection from the elements.
• Always follow fire restrictions while camping. Different campsites will follow different fire procedures, so it's important to research the rules and regulations of your chosen site before setting up camp.
• When camping, you're exposed to the elements. A great way to combat insects and pests is with a slow burning citronella candle or mozzie coil. These items are generally low-cost and ensure a comfortable camping trip.
For more information about Bunnings' wide range of camping products, head to your nearest store for expert team member advice or visit www.bunnings.com.au
1 - Oztrail Hercules Folding Camp Chair - Featuring a cushioned back for extra comfort and various compartment spaces, this foldable camp chair is rated to 200 kilograms and can be easily packed away for simple storage.
2 - Marquee Folding Lounge Chair - Relax in style and comfort with this steel framed lounge chair. Folding easily into a carry case, the lounge comes with a cushioned headrest and will add a touch of luxury to any camping experience.
3 - Companion Kids Folding Camping Chair - This camping chair is perfect for littlies while holidaying. Kids will love the friendly animal face, while parents can be assured children are safe as the chair comes equipped with a secure lock system.
4 - Jumbuck Tourer Scissor Leg BBQ - Cook under the stars on this portable barbecue, equipped with folding scissor legs for easy storage. The pressed enamel cooking surface is easy to clean and the stainless steel burner is straightforward to run, allowing you to get back to enjoying the night-time breeze in no time.
5 - Everdure Portable Echurrasco BBQ - Convenience is on your side with this easy to use cooker, perfect for grilling, smoking and barbecuing. The versatile model is lightweight enough to take away on holiday, ensuring your snags are easy to prepare no matter where you are.
6 - Everdure E2GO Portable Gas BBQ E2GLPC-10G - Equipped with cast aluminium and a hood mounted thermometer, this portable gas barbecue is perfect for camping trips. The lightweight 13 kilogram construction features angled plates, draining fats into a centralised location, while the moulded shelving provides both handy storage space and also an area to prepare your food.
7 - Ice King Cooler Hard Esky 65L Ice King - Keep food and beverages chilled throughout camping trips with this 65 litre esky, ready to be filled with meat, cans, ice and other traditional camping snacks.
8 - Matador 2 Piece Tool Set - The perfect accessory for camping, this two piece barbecue set will aid the cooking process and help serve food faster to hungry stomachs.
9 - Spotlight LED Recharge Click 800 Lumens - This rechargeable LED spotlight provides 10 watts and 800 lumens, ready for use at the bush, beach or park.
10 - Arlec 24 LED Rechargable Camping Lantern With Compass - Light the night with this rechargeable, 24 LED camping lantern, equipped with an inbuilt compass, retractable storage hook, adjustable handle and two brightness modes.
11 - Marquee 2.4 x 2.4m Non-Permanent Gazebo - With a sturdy frame and polyester canvas cover, this low cost marquee is ideal for camping holidays. The portable design is weather resistant and UV protected, keeping you safe from the elements.
12 - Insect Zapper Gecko 20w Lantern - A modern take on a traditional design, this insect zapper is constructed from polycarbonate with a UV inhibitor and features a vertical, self cleaninggrid. The weather proof lantern can hang or free stand and includes a no mess catch-tray.
13 - Waxworks Citronella Foil Candle - Add ambience to your camping area with these vibrant, citronella based candles. Made from quality materials for a cleaner burn, the candles have a 12 hour flame time, helping keep nasty mozzies away.
For more information on Bunnings' camping range, please visit www.bunnings.com.au.