They are elusive creatures, but they can be spotted – they are the people you see swanning around at the aiport carrying only perhaps a small satchel or laptop bag, their elegant clothing crease-free, their faces fresh and serene.
Who are these people? You wonder as you stand hunched over with a wheelie suitcase, overstuffed handbag and 3 coats, all of which you plan to cram into the overhead locker. You blink, exhausted, as you realise … these are the people who enjoy flying!
What you don’t realise, is that you yourself are only a few steps from become a member of this elite and strangely beautiful group of people. All it takes is learning how to make the most of your flying and airport experience.
Cathay Pacific is Hong Kong’s flagship airline, and they believe that it’s the little touches of luxury that really make the difference to how you travel. So why not treat yourself with a business class upgrade next time you fly.
Here are a few tips on how to really travel in style:
- Sleep well: Imagine arriving in London after a long-haul flight, and instead of feeling exhausted and jetlagged, you are feeling refreshed and rejuvinated after a full-night’s sleep. Cathay Pacific offers many options for arriving at your destination well-rested. With a seat that converts into an over-two-metre-long fully flat bed, their Business Class offerings are second-to-none in terms of comfort.
- Enjoy down time: instead of spending your pre-flight or stopover hours trying to get comfortable in a cramped seat at a gate lounge, or wandering aimlessly through the shops with your heavy bags in tow, why not use your down time to relax in one of Cathay Pacific’s state-of-the-art lounges. When you touch down at Hong Kong, you’ll find no less than five stunning lounges, all with their own special features to cater for your individual needs. Whether you want to relax in designer furniture, dine on world-class cuisine, sip on a cocktail or glass of champagne, or even enjoy a soothing foot massage, Cathay Pacific’s lounges really cater for everyone.
- Don’t let baggage drag you down: For shorter trips up to a week, try to keep your baggage to carry-on only. That way, when you arrive at your destination, you can hop off the plane without having to shlep through baggage claim. For longer trips where you need to bring everything but the kitchen sink, do the opposite – make use of the maximum weight your checked baggage limit will allow. If you keep most of your items in checked baggage, when you get to your stopover, you won’t be weighed down by too much carry on. If you book a Cathay Pacific ticket in Premium Economy you automatically receive 5kg more checked baggage.
- Stay fresh: a secret of those who enjoy travelling in style is to freshen up wherever possible. If you are accessing a lounge in Hong Kong airport, before making the final leg of your trip to Europe, take a luxuriously long, hot shower, wrap yourself in a fluffy robe, and de-stress before you hop on the next flight. When you’re on board, bring a change of underwear and t-shirt to change into, so you can feel fresher when you touch down.
- Stay connected: People who travel in style aren’t seen sitting on the floor for hours on end waiting for their devices to charge at the only powerpoint at gate 52. Consider using one of Cathay Pacific’s lounges - with power access galore, you can charge your phone, tablet and laptop, all while using the complimentary wi-fi to keep up-to-date with any travel updates, not to mention your social media.
It doesn’t matter if you’re travelling economy, premium or business, or whether you have a long stopover or none at all. Next time you’re travelling you could be that person, swanning about the airport while everyone stares and wonders how you manage to look so fresh and fabulous.
Cathay Pacific lounges are for passengers flying Business Class or for those who have the appropriate frequent flier status. For details of lounge admittance, click here.