Hitting the road for a long weekend? John Feenaghty, General Manager of Quickbeds.com, offers some top tips for travelling:
1. Check your vehicle well before you leave - you don't want a breakdown or accident on the road.
2. Pack a pillow - if it's a bit of a road trip the passengers might like a nap. Also try to share the journey with a partner or friend to break up the trip and allow you some time to rest.
3. Portable DVD players for the kids are gold and will keep them entertained for hours.
4. Check the two to five day forecast and pack accordingly.
5. Don't forget an iPod and/or CD's for the journey to keep everyone entertained. Even better, create a holiday playlist.
6. Stock up on snacks for the trip and for arrival at the destination and take essentials such as toilet paper, breakfast, water bottles, soap and towels. You never know where you might end up and how well the place is stocked.
7. Check events guides online for your destination so you can make the most of your time away and don’t miss any must-see attractions or events. Plus, check the traffic reports on the RTA website so you can plan your trip accordingly.
The upcoming National holiday is the perfect time to escape your nine to five grind and live like royalty without splashing the cash or using your well-earned annual leave. Whether you choose to stay locally or venture across Australia, take your pick of some great accommodation offers available now through www.quickbeds.com.