Looking to get away with the kids? Escape Travel share their top 5 family friendly destinations.
A new survey has found that a large proportion of Aussie Mums and Dads feel the ‘picture perfect’ holiday reviews they read in the media are unobtainable.
Facebook envy has also added fuel to the fire, with 32% of parents feeling other people’s family holidays are more perfect / enjoyable than their own. More than half admitted to embellishing stories of their own holiday’s in order to “keep up with the Jones’s”
Despite these findings, Australian families are keener than ever to escape, with the research showing 80 per cent would take a year out of their lives to go travelling if they had the money and resources.
With this in mind, Escape Travel has put together their top 5 family destinations for LifeStyle readers:
4. Gold Coast
5. Hawaii and Los Angeles
“All of these choices are great value, family friendly destinations with affordable accommodation, superior kids clubs and plenty of attractions that allow for fun as a family, and relaxation for the parents.," says Escape Travel National Marketing Manager Emma Gilleland.
"If the destinations aren't on our doorstep, they are a manageable flight away allowing families to maximise the length of their holiday. Many of these destinations are also locations where parents may have previously visited, but taking their children back will shed a new light on the destination. And as you can tell, a beach destination is highly sought after by Australians.”
· Bali is a very affordable option for families, with great all-inclusive value packs available. These packs often include flights, accommodation, food and day trips.
· Bali is only a short distance away so the flight time is manageable for families, however they still feel like they’re getting a holiday as its overseas.
· Bali also has an incredibly different culture to Australia which is a great experience for the whole family.
· Similar to Bali, Fiji is only a short distance away so the flight time is manageable for families, however they still feel like they’re getting a holiday as its overseas.
· Fiji also has on offer many five star resorts which include world-class kids clubs.
· In Fiji, you will also receive the amazing luxury experience of a tropical island holiday
· Fiji is aspirational for parents – many would probably want to have visited here before but just missed out, it might have been one of their top honeymoon choices. The chance, therefore, to go back with the family is extremely appealing.
· Phuket resorts are extremely well-catered to families.
· Similar to Bali, Phuket is only a short distance away so the flight time is manageable for families, however they still feel like they’re getting a holiday as its overseas.
· Phuket also has an incredibly different culture to Australia which is a great experience for the whole family.
· There’s also a lot more for families to experience such as food, culture, beach and kids clubs.
· As the Gold Coast is domestic, it's quite appealing to a lot of families. It’s a very short plane or car trip.
· The Gold Coast offers five star beaches which Australians enjoy
· Right next door are Australia’s top theme parks such as Dreamworld, Seaworld and Movieworld.
· There’s a lot of variety at the gold coast, with activities for the whole family
HAWAII / LOS ANGELES
· Hawaii and Los Angeles are a great destination choice for families as it includes a great variety of activities
· Los Angeles is a huge draw card for families as Disneyland is always a favourite with kids.
· Hawaii provides the amazing luxury experience of a tropical island holiday