Venturing around the world alone might seem like an intimidating concept, but a solo retreat vacation is actually the perfect way to unwind, recharge and build your self-confidence.
Solo travel is on the rise and women 35 years and older are the fastest growing travel demographic, according to the Census Bureau of Staistics. Zoe Watson, founder of Bliss Sanctuary for Women in Bali, explains why you should book yourself in for a solo holiday today:
- Build your self esteem by doing something that makes your heart pump! It’s when we get out of our ‘every day’ that we often feel truly alive
- Get outside of the box ie your comfort zone. Although many retreats are about comfort, just by doing something different you are releasing the strains of everyday life. So choose the right fit for you in a retreat, forget about the ‘shoulds’ and go with the ’coulds’. Find the experience that is what you really want to do not what you think you should do. For example, if you need to rest, relax and refill your cup don’t choose a detox retreat which will make you feel quite icky while you’re body is adjusting. Be kind to yourself and listen to your inner self when making your decision.
- Life is about experience, so create as many as you can at every opportunity. Retreats for women are all about this and done in a nurturing, safe environment with experts. Or they should be. Again check the fit for you and often best to start at Tripadvisor.
- Do something for yourself, just for you and see how your whole body starts to smile. This is so important for women who are so often taking care of everybody else!
Self Love is the biggest thing you can do for yourself. We often say we know this but how often do we DO this? Going on a retreat just for you is the start of creating the magic of change.
- Relieve stress. Just by stepping out of the stresses of your everyday life and into a retreat environment helps you do this in such a big, healthy, loving way.
- Make new friends with people from all over the world and be inspired. It’s amazing who you meet and the synergies between the people in the same place at the same time. And by opening ourselves to connecting with these people it helps our heart grow. And if we want alone time, you need to ensure you choose a retreat that gives you this too.
- Open your heart mind and soul. It’s important we feel like we are growing in life and we grow by experience, openness and change.
- Become a better person, by being happier. So many of our guests have left feeling like they have so much more to give after they leave us. Often it’s their husbands or children who urge them to come again after seeing the difference!
- If you go on a family holiday, you’re still the caretaker, you rarely get to relax and you end up doing what everyone else wants to do. If you go with a friend who’s not the right travel partner again you are feeling constantly compromised and not at ease. By choosing a retreat and going on your own you are connecting with people who want pretty much the same travel experience as yourself and you will feel the benefits.
Bliss Sanctuary for Women offers a number of packages that tailor to your personal needs and desires. For more information, go to www.blisssanctuaryforwomen.com