Sephora Australia have made things official by teasing anxious customers with a countdown clock above the doors of the flagship store. Here's the lowdown on everything you need to know about the official launch.
Since the news broke that cult makeup chain Sephora would be heading down under, diehard fans have been in a tizzy. Founded in France in 1969 with the vision of allowing shoppers access to both luxury and niche brands, Sephora quickly developed as 'the' beauty authority. A cutting-edge retail model allows customers to roam, touch and feel all products.
With less than two days to go until the doors of the most-talked-about store for 2014 open, we thought we'd catch you up to speed with everything you need to know.
Occupying a prime location with street frontage directly onto the promenade, Sephora Sydney will be the largest offering for the brand in the southern hemisphere, and will present the entire Sephora range across make-up, fragrance, skin care, body care and accessories.
Sephora Australia is set to officially launch this Friday December 5, in Pitt Street Mall Sydney (02 9221 5703), next to high-street giant Zara.
For those Melbournites dying to get their hands on the beauty goods, a second store will be opening in Melbourne in early 2015.
The retailer will play home to 30 new brands: a few Australian, but the majority international. Without further ado....
Elizabeth and James
Estelle & Thild
Etat Libre d'Orange
For Beloved One
Kat Von D
Make Up Forever
Marc Jacobs Beauty
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics
Percy & Reed
Celebrity tattoo artist Kat Von D will also be at the store, Saturday December 6, to greet fans.
IMAGE CREDIT: The Plastic Diaries! A consumers best friend in the Beauty world. Real-life reviews and recommendations from a straight-shooting, beauty obsessed 'know-it-all'. Follow them on Facebook here and Instagram here.
* If you're a lover of freebies, (hey, who isn't?!) you'll be happy to know that by becoming a 'Beauty Insider', you can rack up points ($1 = 1 point), and win 100-point, 250-point or even 500-point gifts.
* Fifteen-minute beauty makeovers are complimentary at every store.
* You might buy one product, but that doesn't mean you can't go home with a few more! The beauty assistants on floor will be able to provide you with their recommendations.
* While waiting in the queue, try not to be tempted by all the little add-ons. At $25 a pop, it will be easy to rack up a massive bill!
* Don't just stick to walking through the middle of the store. All Sephora stores have been structured to feature the less expensive products on the perimeter, so the more prestige brands can take centre stage.
Which brands are you excited to see launch on our shores?