A perfect suit is a staple for every man's wardrobe.
However, getting a suit tailor-made it isn't always feasible and with pricing usually being the deciding factor, many of us are left purchasing suits off the rack.
Thanks to Himark Martin Tailors, we show you 5 tips and tricks to keep in mind when buying the perfect suit for yourself or for your man.
1) If you’re tall try to steer clear of pinstripes. Narrow vertical stripes can give the illusion of height and therefore elongate the perception of the body. In the opposite regard, shorter men would benefit by wearing narrow stripes, for it will make them look taller.
For the more mature gentlemen, 5 ft 10 and over in height and in corporate job roles, double breasted stripes are back. Not for the style shy, this will create a statement in the office, creating a sense of authority and importance.
A bold chalk stripe suit over a shirt with white collars and cuffs are the height and measure of the dapper man.
2) First impressions are crucial – especially in a business environment. On making a great first impression, invest in a shirt with surgeons cuffs (real button holes on sleeves), colleagues will be sure to notice when shaking hands in meetings.
3) If you opt for a solid block colour suit, choose an Italian Super 150’s all wool cloth material. The fall and drape, along with the lustre in the cloth adds a quality look and dimension, which ‘off-the-rack’ poly-mix suits just cannot compare to.
4) Try to incorporate hand stitched edges on lapels on solid colour suits. For example on print-designed suits with checks & stripes, the hand stitches aren’t apparent because the fabric has a print already, whereas on a solid colour suit produced in a top quality super 150's cloth, a hand-stitched edge on the lapel & pocket edges looks sharp; a small detail but certainly one worthwhile. This is a finishing touch that can make all the difference in a business meeting with peers.
5) If you’re athletic and sculpted opt for a 2 button side-vented jacket tweaked in at the waist, with slim fitting trouser legs. A suit fitted to your contours will show off a great figure, as well as being smart and sharp. Light colours like soft greys, blues and even-greens work best on this body type.
For more, head to www.himarkmartintailors.com