Katrina Brown, spray tanner to the stars, has just opened her first salon The Bronzing Boutique, on Knox lane in Double Bay.
Having sprayed the likes of Erika Heynatz, Renee Bargh, Lindsay Lohan, Janice Dickinson, Erin McNaught and Charlotte Dawson, Katrina felt it was time to open her first salon and create a fitting environment for her clientele.
This chic new salon offers pre-tan body scrubs, tans injected with fragrance and shimmer and rapid tans that allow you to shower within 2 hours of being sprayed!
To get the perfect shade this summer, here are Katrina’s top tanning tips:
1. Prepare your skin before your tanning application – exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate! I recommend either the magic glove or AHA body scrub to remove all dead skin cells or excess tan from your last tan.
2. Do not apply moisturiser or deodorant before your spray tan appointment.
3. Have all waxing done 4 hours before tanning and shower between your waxing appointment and tanning appointment to remove any excess wax residue on your skin.
4. If your nails are not painted, then make sure you apply a thick moisturiser to your nails which acts as a barrier and stops your nails turning yellow from the tan.
5. Moisturise, moisturise and that means every day! This helps your tan to last longer and it will also ensure that it fades evenly rather than it coming off patchy like a lizard skin.
6. If you plan to go out with your spray tan on, a tip to stop your tan coming off on your dress is to apply baby powder around your arm pits, in the elbow and behind the knee crease and even in between your breasts with talcum powder and a bronzer brush. The baby powder absorbs any excess tan sweating off onto your clothes.
7. Don’t go OTT with your tanning application. A dark and fake looking tan is out and a nice natural medium bronze tan is in for pale skin tones. And even if you have olive skin, make sure that you don’t apply too many applications either because your tan will end up looking too fake!