Are you on the quest for gorgeous, silky hair? You may be making one of these simple mistakes!
The way you wash, style and care for your hair day-today has a major impact on your hair's health. We get the low down from Frank Apostolopoulos, 2014 Hair Expo Australian Hairdresser of the Year, about the most common hair mistakes women tend to make:
1. Not protecting your hair from heat (dryers and irons) and the elements (sun, wind, winter) properly. Just like your skin, your hair is susceptible to long-term damage due to the daily grind. Treating the mid-lengths and ends with argan oil or a leave-in treatment before drying is enough to give your hair the right amount of protection to stand up to the elements.
2. Not giving your hair proper nourishment, and maintaining a weekly healthy hair and scalp routine. A five-minute hair mask a week will do wonders for long term care.
3. Tying up hair with bands and brushing hair when wet, as the hair is most fragile at this stage. Instead, opt for a wide-tooth comb and use large clips. Avoid vigorous movement until dry.
4. Not booking regular appointments – it doesn’t have to be every 6-8 weeks, especially if your hair doesn’t grow that fast. But maintaining a consistent trim and touch up routine is a simple way to maintain your style.
5. Find the right stylist for you! The relationship with your stylist is a personal one, and it is so important to find someone who can communicate properly – and to understand and do exactly what you want. Whether you spend $5 or $500, your stylist should make you feel and look absolutely beautiful.