If you think shoes are just to separate your foot from the ground - talk to the owners of this pricey footwear.
We've compiled a list of the most expensive women's shoes in the world.
Starting the countdown:
10. Diamond Dream Stilettos, Stuart Weitzman, $500,000 USD
These shoes were reportedly made for Anika Noni Rose to wear to the Academy Awards in 2007. They may not look extravagant in but they are, in fact, studded with 1,420 diamonds.
9. The Ruby Slippers from the Wizard of Oz, $612,000 USD
There were apparently at least five known pairs of ruby slippers made for the original MGM production of the Wizard of Oz. The most recent pair to go to auction were sold for more than $600,000 in 2011. One pair was stolen in 2005 and is yet to be recovered.
8. Marilyn Monroe shoes, Stuart Weitzman, $1 million USD
These shoes were never worn by Marilyn Monroe, but rather Weitzman made them using a pair of Marilyn's earrings as decoration. They were worn by Regina King at the Oscars in 2005.
7. Retro Rose Pumps, Stuart Weitzman, $1 million USD
Academy Award winning screenwriter, Diablo Cody, refused to wear these shoes to the Oscars in 2008, labelling the shoes a "publicity stunt". There are 1,800 diamonds in the roses on the toes.
6. Platinum Guild Stilettos, Stuart Weitzman, $1.09 million USD
These shoes were worn by Mulholland Drive actress Laura Harring to the Academy Awards in 2002. The jewels - including 464 diamonds - are removable so they can also be worn as jewellery.
5. Ruby Slippers, Stuart Weitzman, $1.6 million USD
Of course Stuart Weitzman had his own stab at 'ruby slippers'! The dazzling heels are encrusted with 642 rubies.
4. Tanzanite heels, Stuart Weitzman, $2 million USD
Have you ever wanted to wear 185 carats of tanzanite gems, and 28 carats of diamonds? Well, for the bargain price of $2 million, you can!
3. Cinderella Slippers, Stuart Weitzman, $2 million USD
Worn by country singer Alison Krauss at the 2004 Oscars, these dainty heels feature 565 diamonds, including a rare 5 carat amaretto diamond.
2. Rita Hayworth Heels, Stuart Weitzman, $3 million USD
They aren't the most blingy heels but they do feature Rita Hayworth's earrings, made of rubies, sapphires and diamonds. The shoes were inherited by Princess Yasmin Aga Khan - Rita's daughter.
1. Ruby Slippers, Harry Winston, $3 million
It wasn't Harry Winston himself but rather his son who decided to create these opulent shoes. The ruby slippers were made in 1989 to honour the 50th anniversary of The Wizard of Oz. They have more than 1,300 carats of rubies as well as 50 carats of diamonds.