There’s a little brother or sister on the way for Prince George and Princess Charlotte.
The royal family have announced that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting their third child.
The happy news was shared by the Kensington Palace twitter page in a statement.
The statement said: " "Their Royal Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to announce that the Duchess of Cambridge is expecting their third child.
"The Queen and members of both families are delighted with the news."
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Cambridge is expecting their third child pic.twitter.com/DZCheAj1RM— Kensington Palace (@KensingtonRoyal) September 4, 2017
Prince Harry, who was in Manchester after the news was announced, said he was very happy to be an uncle again saying: “Fantastic, great, very, very happy for them.” He added that he hadn't seen his sister-in-law for a while but that she was “OK”.
As with her previous pregnancies, Catherine is once again suffering from Hyperemesis Gravidarum – very acute morning sickness – and has cancelled her royal engagement at the Hornsey Road Children's Centre in London. She is resting at Kensington palace.
The couple are already parents to four-year-old Prince George and two-year-old Princess Charlotte and their third child will be fifth in line to the British throne. The current royal succession is Prince Charles, Prince William, Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Harry.
The announcement comes after Catherine joined Prince William and Prince Harry last week in a tour of a memorial garden dedicated to Princess Diana at Kensington Palace.
The family, who recently returned from a tour of Poland, have a busy year ahead with Prince George set to start school next week and a new royal baby due in March or April next year.