Taylor Swift is the latest subject of the Vogue '73 Questions' interview - and it was quite the revealing spectacle.
The 'bit' involves an interviewer following Taylor around her Los Angeles home, asking both inane ("What is your favourite scented candle?") and meaningful ("What's the one thing you wish you knew at 19?") questions.
Naturally, Taylor's response to the latter question was quite interesting. The country-turned-pop star has been in the spotlight since her early teens. By the time she turned 19, scrutinising her dating life was an international past time. So, what would she say to her 19-year-old self?
"I would say, 'Hey, you know, you're going to date just like a normal 20-something should be allowed to, but you're going to be a national lightning rod for slut shaming," she confessed to the interviewer.
Poor Tay Tay.
Fortunately, the 26-year-old has since made millions of dollars and was last year's most acclaimed and beloved pop star. She is also the proud owner of this tap...
... such a fancy tap.
The interview reminded us that while Taylor is a formidable creative talent, she's also an incredibly clued-in businesswoman.
When asked what advice she would give to aspiring singers, she responded: "Get a good lawyer."
Bleak, but probably true.
Similarly, the song she wishes she'd written? "The Friends theme song because of those royalties!"
Again, savvy choice, Ms Swift.
Here are some other fun facts you may want to know about Taylor:
- First song she learned on the guitar: Kiss Me by Sixpence None The Richer
- Favourite beverage: Coffee
- Favourite cocktail: Vodka and diet Coke
- Favourite food: Chicken tenders
- One thing you need to have in your fridge at any given time: Hummus
- What's one thing you still have from your childhood? "My insecurities"
- Favourite TV show: Friends
- Favourite movie: Love Actually
- If you could raid one woman's closet, who would it? Blake Lively
- Best gift she ever received: Her boyfriend (Calvin Harris) planted an olive tree in her back yard. (Aaw!)
Watch the clip below to get a full look into the mind and life of Taylor Swift: