If you feel like being a little more fashionably fierce at this year’s racing season, you’re in luck – this year’s trends are everything from exotic to eccentric!
Whether you choose to make a statement or keep it chic and simple – there are so many fabulous trends for this year’s racing season that will suit all trends and budget.
Take your style next level with structured pieces, simple metallic headbands, and art deco inspired headpieces! Here are our favourites – and many of them you can make yourself!
1. Rebecca Judd is no fading wallflower, and we love her bold choice of headwear at the Caufield Cup Carnival Day.
2. If a flouncy hat isn’t your style, then take style inspiration from Jessica Gomes with this chic straw boat hat.
3. Montana Cox made a real impression when she wore this statement headpiece – expect to see lots of metallic headbands around during racing season.
4. Season 5 of Downton Abbey is heating up our screens, which means you can expect to see a whole lot of flapper inspired headpieces! We love this silver pearl and rhinestone headband from Etsy.
5. For something a little more chic and mysterious, take inspiration from this lacy Jennifer Behr lace wrap headband. Best of all, you can do it yourself with some lace and pins.
6. Channel old school charm with a chic cloche hat. Pair with a red lip and catseye for a timeless and elegant look. We love this one from Etsy.
7. Go cool and classic with a simple and pretty headband like the one here – best of all, you won’t have to worry about your hat blowing off in the wind!
8. It’s a mainstay of the racing season, and for good reason. There is nothing more classy and classic than a chic wide-brimmed hat at the races. Dress it up with a ribbon or flowers.
9. Last year, animals ears were a big trend and expect to see more floating around this year! One of our favourite inspiration pieces is Kyly Clarke’s ears at the Star Epsom Cup Royal Randwick Spring Racing Carnival. Learn how to make your own HERE