Does the man in your life need some help when it comes to personal grooming? Get clued up on his shaving dos and don'ts here:
Five common shaving errors:
• Poor preparation - not showering before shaving.
• Not understanding the hair growth pattern and shaving in the wrong direction.
• Using too many strokes.
• Not upgrading to the latest shaving technology.
How they can correct these mistakes:
• Shower first. This softens, penetrates and expands the beard, making it easier to shave.
• Facial hair does not grow uniformly up or down on the face, especially the neck area. If you understand your growth pattern and shave in the direction in which the hair grows, you can avoid irritation and razor bumps. Hair can grow in any direction, if when you move your hand across the skin surface and it is smooth, then you must first shave in that direction. If it is prickly, you are going in the wrong direction. Red bumps and irritation are often an indication of shaving in the wrong direction.
• Use long gliding strokes, not lots of short, quick strokes. With Fusion ProGlide, five of the finest blades go over the skin surface with every single stroke.
• Turn the cartridge over and make use of the single trimmer blade. It is a great male grooming tool allowing men to shave those difficult areas around the nose and trim sideburns etc.
Would you use a 10 year old computer rather than experience the latest in technology? No. The same applies to shaving. The latest breakthrough from Gillette, the Gillette Fusion
ProGlide, has a number of unique technologies that deliver a more comfortable shave and better performance. It could make a great Father's Day or Christmas gift!