See what your feet will be dancing around in this summer thanks to the first U.S fashion footwear brand created exclusively for women, Naturalizer!
For Spring/Summer 2011, tribal and safari desert fashion from the 70’s is making a comeback with the return of browns, army green and splashes of yellow. This is complimented by the return of the wedge shoe and tarnished metal hardware on sandals and heels. These styles are perfect for pairing with light summer animal print scarves and dresses.
Spring-inspired prints, florals and paisley are also returning this season as seen on fashion catwalks around the world. Romantic trends are also coming through in the warmer season’s footwear with lots of feminine details, bows, ruffles and sheer fabrics. Cosmetic tones are big this summer with lots of nude coloured heels (just ask Kate Middleton!) and wedges with a touch of metallic.
Colour blocking is everywhere this season with women making much bolder outfit combinations and looking to accessories such as shoes, bags and scarves to make their look pop. Shoes that combine multiple colour pallets are big this season and really complement bursts of primary coloured apparel such as red, blue and yellow.
Top tips for matching your outfits with your shoes
• Low wedges are great with wide legged pants
• Strappy sandals and heels are best with short dresses and skirts
• Match floral patterns with nude and pastel shoes
• Straw wedges and kitten heels shorten the legs a bit so try to match with a shorter skirt or shorts this summer
• Brown and neutral coloured shoes are great to add with a bright colour top or dress, perfect for colour-blocking
• Flats and ballet slippers are great with jeans, genie pants and cargo pants.