Follow these detox tips from natural beauty company Absolutely Gorgeous so your skin radiates, your hair shines and your body will be in better shape.
Christmas and New Year may have come and gone and for most of us our New Year’s resolution is probably in tatters!
If your resolution was to become healthier this year after all the over-indulging throughout the festive season, you’re probably feeling a little worse for wear. The aim now is to detox and follow a healthy diet so that your skin radiates health, your hair shines and your body is in better shape.
Detoxing is about giving your body a rest from the toxins you get from eating the wrong types of foods, namely processed foods, sugar, alcohol and empty carbohydrates. These foods place stress on the body which often results in excess fat and dry splotchy looking wrinkled skin. You may not be aware that some of the wrinkles on your face are not old age – but, in fact, dehydration.
Our skin ages from what we eat and drink: the sun and pollutants. We radiate from within and the face directly reflects our health.
If you try a detox program you may not want to go cold turkey but make the changes slowly so that you don’t experience headaches, lethargy etc
And by following a few simple rules for a few days you will see an improvement in your skin and body. Not to mention more energy!
TIPS ON HOW TO DETOX
WATER! We often forget the powerful role water plays in keeping us looking good. It revs up the metabolism and hydrates the cells so the body can process carbohydrates and fats more efficiently. This in turn helps the liver’s ability to convert stored fat into usable energy and helps the kidneys flush out toxins.
Most nutritionists recommend eight glasses of water a day, but in a detox program you should drink two to three litres a day to flush the toxins out of the body.
Remove the following foods from your diet while detoxing and then limit them in your daily diet: fried foods, sugar, alcohol, processed meats, smoked goods, dairy products, saturated fats, coffee, refined carbohydrates such as white bread, pastries, biscuits and cakes.
And, when you are detoxing, remember to pay attention to your physical well being!
10 DETOXING TIPS TO A GORGEOUS NEW YOU!
- Have a massage.
- Walk or use a rebounder every day. A rebounder will help strengthen every cell in the body without straining muscles and joints.
- Dry body brush – helps eliminate toxins through the skin.
- Foods to include in your diet: Cabbage, Green Leafy Vegetables, Broccoli.
- Drinks: Water, water and more water, green tea
- Use chemical free skin care and cosmetics
- Use crystal deodorants that don’t contain chemicals.
- Use natural sunscreen such as UV Natural instead of chemical blockers.
- Don’t use anything with sulphates, parabens, mineral oil or petroleums (or anything you can't pronounce
- Visualise the future you want. Take time out to visualise what you want in your life or write them down where you can see them and be constantly reminded of what it is that you do want.
Absolutely Gorgeous specialises in luxurious, skin and body care using pure, organic and chemical-free ingredients. All the Organic botanical blends are processed in a local organic farmlet in Victoria, Australia. Find out more at www.absolutelygorgeous.com.au !