Make your own homemade moisturiser:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons strong Marigold infusion
- 2 tablespoons beeswax grains
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lanolin
- 1/4 cup wheat germ oil
- 1 teaspoon borax
- Essential oil (used as a scent, such as Neroli)
- Make the Marigold infusion: put 1/2 cup of fresh Marigold flowers in a saucepan and pour 1 cup of water over them.
- Bring to boil, set aside and allow to steep for 45 mins-1 hour, until quite cool.
- Strain and measure out the required amount .
- Place the beeswax, wheat germ oil and lanolin in a bowl over some hot water and melt them together.
- Stir well and remove bowl from heat.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the borax and the Marigold infusion, stirring until the borax has completely dissolved.
- Add this to the beeswax mixture, continue to beat vigorously using a whisk or an electric beater until the mixture is quite cool and has a creamy texture.
- Add several drops of an essential oil for a delicious scent.
- Then pour into a clean glass jar.