Your lingerie is the foundation to any outfit and can transform any look into a fashion winner or a style disaster – so make sure you get it right.
Fortunately, Gok has some sound tips on choosing the perfect underwear for your body shape:
• Every woman should have two types of underwear: sexy and magic. Sexy underwear is for the bedroom, of course; magic underwear is to give you shape.
• Use control pant knickers to suck in your stomach, lift your bottom and help around the top of your thighs. These will help to control your tum, bum and thigh area to give you a smooth-looking stomach without any excess baggage spilling out – especially if you decide to wear something sleek and tight-fitting.
• If your problem area is your stomach then a corset can give you a little extra oomph. For example, corsets with lots of boning on the front can give you a great streamlined silhouette. So choose a corset that's got a lot going on in the top half like padding or a push-up effect that draws the eye upwards and make you look bigger where you want to be.
• If you want to showcase your boobs, wear a half-balcony bra. But if you're after a more minimal look, then go for a minimiser bra – surprise, surprise it will help to minimise the size of your breasts.
• If you're a little bit small on top and you want a bit more oomph in the bedroom you can give yourself a cleavage by wearing a padded bra – these can add a whole cup size without going under the knife.
• If you have naturally perky boobs wear a triangle bra – a modern fashionable look.
• If you have larger bangers, make sure you wear a proper fitting, supportive bra in the bedroom. A plunge bra will show off your cleavage but can also minimise your top half as there's less fabric which will bring your body into balance.
• Finally, fishnet tights slim you down whilst sexing up your look.
What are the best knickers for your tush?
• Buy knickers that slim your buttocks rather than swamp them.
• Low-waisted knickers will really bring out the curve of your hips
• If you want to hide a big tummy, then look for a knicker with a slightly higher waistband but keep it sexy and go for a higher cut leg as well.
• If you've got big hips and you want to slim them down just a little bit, then try something that's broken up so that you're not looking at one big expanse of hip.
• You can wear a g-string whatever body shape you are.
Any woman can spice up her life with some saucy extras:
• When you're not wearing very much, the eye naturally focuses on what you ARE wearing (however little that may be!).
• If you love your legs then show them off with a sexy little garter.
• You might think that suspenders are a little bit too slutty but they are increasingly being made fashionable. And if you do want to wear suspenders but you have a little bit of extra tummy then wear a waspie which will pull you in to give you that Dita von Teese nipped-in waist look.
• Whatever your shape, you can look good naked in a neglige. A baby doll chemise will skim over any wobbly bits that you want to hide and keep the attention firmly on your sexy cleavage and shoulders. For those of you with smaller busts, you can still achieve that killer cleavage. Look for a neglige that has an uplift effect with some frills or rouching around the bust which will give you that extra bit of oomph. If you don’t love your legs, then consider a full-length chemise to keep you looking hot, hot, hot!