If you’re tired of draping your scarf the same way each season, take note of these tips to make your scarf a statement piece.
Make this season the one where you up your scarf-style game with on-trend tips from Sonya Michele, founder of Australian accessories brand dog&boy.
A simple way to mix up the classic wrap-and-pull-through style. This look simply weaves the scarf to create a criss-cross pattern instead of a knot.
- Fold scarf from the diagonal, corner to corner. Then folding it in half, create a loop at one end and drape around the neck.
- Slide one end under and through the loop.
- Slide the other end over and through the loop.
- Tighten, adjust and neaten.
Perfect for under jackets or as a statement piece with jeans and t-shirts.
- Fold to make a triangle.
- Fold over long edge and drape triangle down in front of bust.
- Take ends and cross over behind neck and bring back to front.
- Tie ends under fold then tighten, adjust and fluff.
Add a belt
This is an easy way to change up how your scarf sits. Simply place a scarf around your neck in any style of your choosing, then place a belt around your waist and secure the ends of the scarf under the belt. This adds another layer to your clothing giving the illusion of a brand new outfit altogether.