If you prefer to know what you're putting on your skin, you may be interested in some homemade skin remedies and treatments.
To replenish your face, try this delicate moisturiser containing natural oils, such as Sweet Almond Oil, Vitamin E, Lemongrass Oil and Carrot Seed Oil.
Sweet Almond Oil is light and hypoallergenic making it okay to use as a massage oil for babies. It is full of Vitamin E and helps your skin with sun damage. It is also rich in Vitamin A, which helps combat acne flare ups.
Similarly, Lemongrass Oil helps rid your skin of blackheads and provides relief for problem skin. It’s also a natural astringent, helping firm the skin.
Vitamin E oil is great for protecting and repairing your skin thanks to its high antioxidant properties.
Carrot Seed Oil High is also rich in antioxidants, Vitamin E and C - which work together to heal and rejuvenate skin cells. It’s great for eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis as it stimulates cell growth which repairs skin.
Follow the recipe below to make your own face moisturiser.
You will need:
- A dark glass pipette bottle (Note: Dark glass stops the oil going off in the sunlight)
- Sweet Almond Oil
- Vitamin E Oil
- Lemongrass Oil
- Carrot Seed Oil
- Fill the pipette bottle almost to the top with Sweet Almond Oil
- Add a dash of Vitamin E Oil
- Add 4 drops of Lemongrass Oil
- 1 drop of Carrot Seed Oil
- Shake and apply to clean and slight damp skin for a beautiful glow.
Notes: Store in a dark, cool place.