Need some hair inspiration? Why not try a romantic plait? It’s such an easy style to do at home and it looks so chic.
TRESemmé stylist Troy Thompson shows us how to create this gorgeous look in a few simple steps.
1. Use the right shampoo and conditioner to begin with. After you have washed your hair, towel dry your hair well.
2. Once your hair is dry, give your hair some curls using styling tools such as straighteners, curling tongs or hot rollers.
3. One hair is curled; pull out some of the front section an inch from your hairline. Just make sure you don’t pull too much out. Clip the sections you’re not working on out of the way.
4. Use a little hairspray and make sure you let it dry so it sets.
5. Pull the hair into a ponytail but make sure you don’t pull it too tight as you will lose volume at the crown of your head.
6. Pull a small section from the pony and spray with hairspray. Twist the strand so it acts like a natural band around the hair tie.
7. Brush the ponytail and ensure you hold the base as you do it to avoid flattening the crown.
8. Section the ponytail into 3 and french braid it.
9. To do the front part, grab a brush and go through sections. Keep it loose as it’s meant to be romantic.
10. Pin the pieces of the hair to the side of your head and making sure you keep the bobby pins hidden.
Watch Troy’s tutorial video to get the look right!