Working with the right tools is key to go from simply drying your hair to achieving a great blow dry!
Learn how to tame frizz, blow dry your hair straight and how to create volume in your hair using a hair dryer with a simple step-by-step guide featuring singing sensation Celia Pavey!
- Look for a quality powerful dryer with a narrow concentrator and a true cold setting, and make sure you work with a premium round brush.
- Add staying-power to your blow dry by applying a styling product designed to achieve your desired volume and smoothness. If your hair is fine use product especially designed for your hair type and apply according to instructions.
- Using your dryer on high heat & speed, rough dry your hair to remove excess water – keep going until your hair is about 90% dry.
- Divide your hair into sections. Starting on the sides, take a round brush and place a section of hair over the brush at the roots (make sure your sections are no wider than your brush and about 3cm deep).
- Then with your dryer (with concentrator nozzle in place) follow the hair and brush down the shaft – stretching your hair slightly as you go - until you reach the ends. Once your hair is dry use your true cold setting and run your dryer down the section again. This will ‘set’ you hair, helping to smooth and minimise flyaways. Repeat until all your side sections are complete.
- For sections at the top of head, follow steps 3 and 4 but direct the hair dryer in the opposite direction of your roots at the start (so angle the nozzle under the brush and upwards) to create root lift and bouncy volume. Finish with a cold shot to set hair in place.
- Tip: If your hair is very long, wrap the section of hair a few times around the brush. It’s easier to manage and control long tresses that way.
For more information, visit http://www.vssassoon.com.au/