Looking for a new look for autumn? We go backstage at Milan Fashion Week with Eugene Souleiman who reveals how you can recreate his signature look for Missoni A/W 2012 in your own home.
The Look: Natural Luminosity
The hair look at the Missoni A/W ‘12 show was inspired by nature. Wella Professionals, Global Creative Directors Eugene Souleiman and Josh Wood collaborated on a hair look that reflected a clothing collection inspired by nature.
“I was influenced by some of the textural finishes of the collection and in particular the grain of wood. I wanted to recreate the idea of fluidity and texture within the hair which is why I used a lot of Wella Professionals Styling Mousse to create a furrowed effect on the top of the head that had a set finish yet was incredibly light. The soft effect created by rolling the hair up at the back of the head worked in contrast to the textured top of the head and also instantly made long hair appear shorter and helped to accentuate the necklines in the Missoni collection”, said Eugene Souleiman.
Josh Wood commented, “I was able to use an incredible new hair colour product at the show that will be launched later this year. It gives brilliant luminosity and a sheer finish that mimics the effects of natural sunlight on the hair, and this gave Eugene an amazing natural base for the styling. This finish is incredibly popular right now and I can’t wait to talk more about it! Watch out for the big reveal soon!”
Get the Look:
• Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair.
• Apply Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier for the perfect styling base
• Roughly dry the hair and apply Wella Professionals Extra Volume Mousse, brushing through with a soft bristle brush to smooth the product into the hair and then dry the hair completely
• Section the hair into four horizontal sections and secure in place
• Take the second from the top clipped section and pull back the sides of the hair tightly into a pony tail
• Roll the bottom section up using chopsticks for an extra tight roll and pin in place in the middle of the neck
• Take the top section of hair and brush through then add a tangerine sized amount of Wella Professionals Extra Volume Mousse and smooth over from the hair line to the crown
• Add more mousse to each side of the head to smooth down the hair and create a sleek and streamlined silhouette
• Add Wella Professionals Create Character Texturising Spray to the underneath of the top section and gently backcomb using a soft bristle brush for added volume and furrowed texture effect
• Take the remaining sections of hair and tie into a low pony tail. Roll the pony tail underneath the bottom section that has been rolled horizontally to create a smooth, tucked under effect in middle of the neck and secure with pins
• Finish the look with hairspray to keep everything in place