Want red carpet worthy hair? It's easy to recreate the looks of Lady Gaga, Rosamund Pike and Naomi Watts, as seen at this year's Academy Awards.
Award Winning International Hair Stylist Anthony Nader, shares his commentary and top tips on how to recreate 3 of the best hair looks from the Oscar's Red Carpet.
1. Lady Gaga
It's Lady Gaga and we wouldn't expect anything else from her. Her elegant ensemble is flawless and those red gloves are completely a fashion statement to bow down to. I loved that her hair was totally sculpted into a clean centre part, and kept so simple and timeless. A 10 out of 10.
1. Skip the washing here as you don't need super soft hair to create this bold silhouette.
2. Tip your head over, spray your roots with a dry shampoo and massage through with your fingers.
3. Create a dead straight centre part line from the crown area, brush smooth those front sections and then the back sections.
4. Backcomb the top section slightly, then smooth over and sculpt into a low chignon and secure.
5. Now smooth the front section over your eyes, directing the hair towards the base of the tail. Wrap the two tails around the base and pin, then add your embellishment to finish off your show stopping moment.
6. Give your hair a good spray all over to keep in place and control flyaways.
2. Rosamund Pike
Hard to believe this Gone Girl star only gave birth 10 weeks ago. How amazing does she look! Did you notice her cool undercut, ladies? What a statement! I believe her undercut will be revived again from grunge to mainstream.
1. No need to wet down your hair strands here. The more texture you can capture, the better.
2. If your hair is poker straight, you may want to grab a large tong and add in some extra waves for creating movement. Then use your dry shampoo for a gritty texture.
3. Give your locks a once over and massage through to create separation and definition.
4. Scrape hair backwards loosely with your fingers so it looks and feels soft and not restricted. Twist the tail into a knot at the back and secure with a few pins.
3. Naomi Watts
Wow and wow again! I think every woman wants to embody those tousled relaxed looking waves, and most importantly, not to look like you've spent hours in front of your mirror. I can see my salon clients asking for 'The Watts' style from now on.
1. Wash your hair with a moisture shampoo and conditioner to hydrate your tresses, then blast hair 80 per cent dry with your hairdryer to cut down time and your arms getting sore.
2. Use a tennis size ball of medium hold foam and soak that into the roots and mid lengths, raking through with your fingers.
3. Divide hair into four equal parts, starting at the nape area and drying your strands with a medium roll brush and kicking the ends out.
4. Do this twisting technique all the way up to your side part line. Now grab your large hot tong, take vertical sections starting at the front and wind large sections in a backward manner away from the face, to get that red carpet ripple effect.
5. Once you've completed tonging, brush out your hair to give a more 'relaxed/undone' look, and you're good to go.
What were your favourite hair looks on the Oscar's Red Carpet?