Aussie supermodel Jess Hart is famous for rocking a look that’s at once beachy and high fashion. For her Cannes Film festival red carpet appearance, the Victoria’s Secret stunner didn’t disappoint.
To help recreate her look, we enlisted fashion forward hairstylist Eric Sebbag who has created modern sexy styles for clients including Guess and Macy’s.
“I love Jess’s look because it’s a little messy at the back but still has that Grace Kelly elegance at the front…ideal for a modern style icon!”
Learn how to get Jess's refreshingly modern twist on the traditional up do with these simple steps:
- After washing hair, towel dry removing 70% of the moisture. Apply a thickening mousse to build body and increase staying power.
- Divide hair into two main sections; the front section, which will be perfectly blow dried, and the back section, which will have more texture.
- Starting with the front sections of hair, wrap hair around a large round bristle brush. To create that classic elevation at the crown, pull the brush up and back away from the face and dry using your VS Sassoon Venezia 2400 AC Professional Dryer. Be sure to move the dryer along the hair directing airflow down the hair cuticle for extra shine. Repeat until hair is completely dry.
- Next, blast the back sections of hair with the dryer only brushing occasionally.
- Style the front into a modified bouffant gently creating height at the crown. Then twist the ends of the hair pinning in place along the left hand side of your face, letting the ends hang loose.
- Pull the back section of hair into an untidy ponytail and twist into a messy bun. Bobby pin in place. Then spritz with a medium hold hairspray for all night staying power.
Top Tip: The secret to this style is creating that classic bouffant to frame the face. To make sure you get the height, use a comb to gently comb hair up at the root and smooth in place.
For more great beauty tips and advice, check out our style section!