Want to have the hottest tips this winter?
Celebrities such as Beyoncé and Lauren Conrad have been rocking the latest nail trends, ombre and studded nails.
Meliney from Meliney' Nail Art Supplies shares her top tips on how to nail these latest looks. It’s time to have some fun, mix colours and get creative!
• Apply base colour using the lighter of the two colours, paint your nails and wait for it to dry completely.
• Dab 3 strips of colours onto a sponge roughly the same width of the nail to create the ombre effect.
• Line the sponge to the edge of the nail and roll it over the nail to cover the entire surface, then use dabbing motion over the nail to blend the colours to create the effect you’re after.
• Let dry and always apply a top coat for a glossy look.
• If you’re applying the same colours for all the nails, you can re-apply the colours onto the same sponge if the nail polish has not dried up the sponge yet. If you are doing different sponged colours on your nails, you can cut off the top layer of the sponge then you can use the clean area of the sponge to do the other colours.
• Apply base coat and base colour to nails.
• While the nail polish is wet, apply the studs and form different patterns on the nail, get creative.
• If the nail polish has dried, apply a clear coat (top coat or base coat) as adhesive then place the studs.
• For this one you need to have the right tools, use some tweezers to apply the studs and make sure you have some nail polish remover and cotton wool on hand for any mistakes you may make.
To find out more about Meliney, visit: www.meliney.com
For more video tutorials, make sure you check out Meliney’s YouTube channel here