It might be cold outside, but this season is all about hot, sexy curls! Short or long hair, tight curl or beach wave - there’s a style for everyone.
And with the help of the hair-styling team at Remington, we’ve narrowed your look down to three celebrity styles.
Lauren Conrad’s Glamorous Waves - This voluminously soft and smooth style is achieved with the Remington Hot Brush (RRP $43.95). The 45mm heated ceramic barrel brush can be used on dry hair – simply wrap around the barrel, hold for a few minutes and release, dropping cascading curls instantly. Stylist’s tip: great for travel, this works in just the same way as a hairdryer and thermal volumising brush – minus the need for a dryer!
Carey Mulligan’s Grown-Out Crop - Perfect for use on shorter styles, Remington’s Express Set 10 (RRP $43.95) hot rollers will help you with this look. Simply take small sections of hair and wrap around the velvety soft rollers, securing with a clip or pin. Leave to cool and voilà – curls in minutes! Stylist’s tip: use rollers through the centre part to create volume in your style.
Florence Welch’s Rockin’ Ringlets - The epitome of cool, this sexy style is easy to create with the help of Remington’s Curls, Curls, Curls (RRP $43.95). Simply section hair and wrap around one of the two interchangeable barrels – use 19mm for tight ringlets and 32mm for larger curls. Stylist’s tip: curl from about three inches from your head and interchange each section with a different sized barrel for a more natural look.
Here are more top curling tips from Joey Scandizzo, Sebastian Professional Design Team Director -
• Use a thermal protection spray to prevent heat damage, and one with a light-medium hold is best as this will help to set and hold the curl. Joey suggest using Sebastian Professional Shine Define which features a contouring thermal shield and memory retention formula which will hold and shape your curl with a soft shiny finish.
• A conical tong is by far the easiest and most versatile tool to use
• Comb or brush curls afterwards for a more natural look – wide tooth comb for a natural look or a Mason Pearson brush for a soft, brushed out effect
• Use a larger barrel on thick hair as they will hold
• Use the smallest barrel to get a tighter curl on fine hair as it will drop, and also gives the illusion of greater volume and thickness.