Who do Beyonce, Lady Gaga and Katy Perry see when they want nails that scream party? They see Minx nails!
A firm favourite of celebrities, Minx has taken the world by storm with a plethora of super cool nail colours and their signature, innovative application technique.
“Nails are huge right now,” says Maria Gabriel, Head Makeup Artist at Make Up Store. ”The trend started on the couture catwalks, John Galliano for Dior used rounded tips in vivid matte purple with delicate moons in bright white. The look is super directional and quite tricky to achieve but makeup fashion is all about adapting these trend to work every day.”
So how can you get red-carpet worthy nails?
“Simply choose one aspect of the trend and run with it for a trend driven look,” suggests Maria Gabriel, Head Makeup Artist at Make Up Store. “For the perfect finish at home try the following tips.”
1. Start with filing your nails into desired shape - hot right now are short round tip nails.
2. Before applying polish plunge your hands in to warm soapy water with a little bit of Olive Oil and lemon. These natural ingredients are a trade secret leaving your nails nourished and clean.
3. Once softened in the water carefully push back the cuticle to reveal fresh new nail underneath
4. Now moisturise to keep your hands and nails looking and feeling smooth.
5. Apply a base coat, this will give an even surface for your favourite polish to adhere to, creating that salon fresh finish.
6. Brush on your favourite polish in one stroke down the middle of the nail, then one stroke on each side. Allow this layer to dry and repeat the steps.
Visit Minx nails at this year’s Sydney International Spa & Beauty Expo, 4th and 5th September 2010, to get the ultimate indulgent experience. To register for the event, visit www.internationalbeautyexpo.com.au