An action packed social calendar can only mean one thing: the party season is fast approaching. Delta Goodrem shares her top 3 looks for the festive season!
As the warmer weather sets in and we ditch our slippers for heels, we all like to look and feel our best and as such, we re-evaluate our beauty routine. When we socialise, people tend to focus on a speaker’s eyes and mouth which creates a strong connection between smile, attractiveness and perceived beauty – and that’s why Delta Goodrem and her makeup artist Noni Smith have teamed up to share their favourite festive season looks, all with a stunning 3D White smile at the centre.
Look 1: Summer Glow
Occasion: Casual Summer Days – Barbecues And Beach Parties
- Use golden and bronze shadows around the eyes as this make them pop. With a white or beige pencil, line the rims of the eyes. Use an eyelash curler on your eyelashes and apply mascara.
- Lightly fill your eyebrows with an eyebrow pencil so they appear thicker and more natural.
- Apply a gold-tone bronzer to the cheekbones, jaw line and temples, to add contour. Apply a gentle peach coloured blush to the cheeks.
- On the lips, use a natural, moist peach colour.
The Finishing Touch - Luminiser
The key to this look is luminiser cream. Apply this on the high cheekbone, the bridge of the nose and a sparkle powder on the apple of the cheek. The luminiser gives the all-important glow and dimension to this look.
Noni And Delta’s Verdict
Noni says: “Delta can never get enough of shimmer and we have lots of fun with it. Delta actually taught me that by adding luminiser to the bridge of the nose, you can achieve an even better look. Be aware however, as a golden look can make teeth appear yellowed. Make sure you keep your teeth as fresh and white as possible.
Delta says: “For casual summer occasions, less can be more. A mascara, bronzer and bright smile are a must for my natural look – but a touch of luminiser can make the world of difference. Noni’s additional Summer Glow tricks offer the natural look along with that added bit of sparkle which I love.”
Look 2: Christmas Party
Occassion: Festive Parties/Celebrations
- Softly contour the eyes and face using light beige tones
- Lightly fill the eyebrows using an eyebrow pencil
- Curl the lashes and apply mascara. Using a grey eye pencil, line the inner rim and wet the line of the eye to give definition
- Apply luminiser to the high cheek bone. Apply a soft pink blush on the apple of the cheeks
The Finishing Touches: Loose Glitter And Bright Hot Pink Matte Lip
Apply a base first using pigment mix – a gel that will set and hold the glitter perfectly in place. Apply a loose gold glitter to the centre of the eyelids. This will give the lids an incredible reflective quality and looks amazing. Apply a bright hot pink matte lip colour to complete the look.
Noni And Delta’s Verdict
Noni says: “You may have seen Delta with this look on TV. It’s one of her favourite show looks, and is perfect for Christmas parties. A bright hot pink lip colour looks amazing against bright white teeth. If you know you have a party coming up, you only need to start using the Oral-B 3D White strips two weeks in advance to remove 10 years’ worth of stains – leaving a perfect white smile”
Delta says: “If I know I have a party coming up, I start my beauty routine preparation a couple of weeks in advance – this is when I start using Whitestrips. Noni’s hot pink lip and glitter combination is my favourite party go-to look, which leaves me feeling my best every time.”
Look 3: New Year’s Glam
Occassion: New Year’s Eve
- Apply a dramatic smokey look to the eyes, using dark eye colour shades. This is great for those who have darker skin and hair, as it helps to accentuate this further
- Add contour to the cheeks with a bronzer, next add a luminiser on the high cheekbone
- Apply a nude gloss to the lips, so that the focus is kept on the eyes
The Finishing Touch: Extra Eyelashes
Glue a pair of false eyelashes into place. The key to this look is finding an eyelash tool that curls and presses the false lashes to the actual lashes, to ensure that no gap is seen between the two. Lastly, cover the lashes in a coat of mascara.
Noni And Delta’s Verdict
Noni says: “Delta and I love using false eyelashes to finish off the eyes. False eyelashes can appear to slip away from the natural lash line if they are not exaggerated so follow my tricks to ensure your eyes stand out, along with your white smile! The smokey eye and nude lip combination really needs a clean, white smile to complete the dramatic look of the face so it’s important that teeth are a little whiter against the nude lip.”
Delta says: “False eyelashes can give you a world of confidence. You can go as dramatic or as subtle as you like depending on the occasion. Teaming false lashes with smokey eyes and a nude lip creates the perfect canvas on which to display a gorgeous white smile.”
To find out more about Oral-B and other P&G health and beauty news, visit www.oralb.com.au