With the Christmas party season in full swing, you need to be prepared to party the night away at a moment’s notice. That means having plenty of tools and tricks at the ready which can instantly take you from office to off-duty. Westfield Stylist Donny Galella shares his top tips for instant glam this festive season:
1. Think versatile. Keep your wardrobe well stocked with a range of classic yet versatile pieces that can transition you from day to night. Choose a simple LBD that can be easily amped up for evening but still works as a daytime look with flats and a casual jacket.
2. Be prepared. Be ready for all eventualities by keeping a pair of statement heels and some blinging accessories close to hand to dial up your look. If vertiginous heels aren’t your thing, go for a playful wedge or colourful clutch
3. Embrace deeper shades. To really amp up the volume and add some glamour, go a shade darker with your makeup before you hit the bar. Choose a glossy ruby lip or a smoky eye – but not both at the same time!
4. Be kind to your feet. There’s truth in the saying “sore feet, sore face”. Spending all night on the dance floor can take its toll on your toes and hobbling to the bar is never a good look. Make sure you keep some Party Feet blister preventers in your handbag to slip into uncomfortable or tight-fitting shoes.
5. Heavy metal. Nothing screams festive fun more than all things metallic. Take your look to another level with all things silver and gold. Go for a statement necklace in silver or rose gold or choose a garment with eye-catching embellishments such as a sequinned jacket or beaded clutch. Remember, ‘tis the season to be sparkly.