“How To Never Look Fat Again” is a new book by American expert Charla Krupp who believes, like Trinny and Susannah, that every woman can work her body to her advantage by dressing right.
She guarantees that any woman can minimise flabby arms, heavy claves, muffin tops and more just by changing a few key items in their wardrobe.
Charla has appeared on more than 30 TV shows and is a contributing editor to People magazine’s Style Watch. She was formerly beauty director at Glamour magazine and senior editor at InStyle.
Here are her top tips for covering a Buddha belly:
1. Throw a jacket over dark jeans. No matter what you’re wearing under it, you’ll have instant camouflage and feel more confident. A contemporary blazer looks slim over tanks and camisoles with dark jeans.
2. Slip a bright jacket over a dark sheath dress. You’re adding drama to a background of slimness.
3. Wear a high-waist body shaper with extra-firm tummy control. You can look flatter and firmer under everything from sleeve-less shifts to pencil skirts.
4. Add a long- loose tank under your sweater as a layering piece to cover any gaps between jeans and tops.
5. Move your waist up or down, experiment with belts to find your best waistline. Take some photos, you’ll be amazed.
6. Get immediate camouflage with draping, crossover details, tiers, or shirring that provides extra coverage without the need to layer.
7. Keep the top small and bottom voluminous ... or keep the top voluminous and the bottom small. Fool the eye with a full drapey top and lean skirt or slimming jeans. Or, wear a fitted top with a drop-waist full skirt or wide, slouchy pants.
8. Wear a dress with a deep V-neckline and a raised waist that skims past the problem.
Charla’s book is out now ($47.95, Hachette).