A recent UK survey has found that a whopping 515 chemicals are applied to the average woman as a part of her daily beauty regime -w hether sprayed, rubbed or painted.
Furthermore, only in 10 of the 2000 women surveyed opted for chemical-free beauty products.
Moisturisers alone can contain over 30 chemicals and perfume with anywhere up to 400, and with the skin being the most absorbent part of the body, it’s a wonder why more women don’t worry.
Why not? Most likely because we simply don’t know. That breakout could be the sign that your body is irritated and doesn’t want to take in any more of those chemicals.
What’s a girl to do?
Well, it’s a tough task, but it is well worth scouting out naturally-based beauty products. Aves Cosmetics is one company that is doing just that.
Made in Australia, their products are sourced from the purest cosmetic grade minerals of the Earth and as a result, do not sacrifice quality. They are 100 percent vegan and packaged in an eco-friendly manner.
With summer’s festivities long gone, it’s a great time to detox your body. With that in mind, Bonnie Gillies from Aves Cosmetics has given us some top tips on how we can do just that in a mere seven days.
• Using an all natural salt or almond kernel scrub, exfoliate the body and face lightly each day. Exfoliating gloves can be great too.
• Stop using your regular body moisturiser and instead use a natural oil to moisturise the face and body. Rose hip oil is a light weight essential oil which has huge benefits for the skin including reducing fine lines and wrinkles and helping to repair skin damage and boost hydration.
• Dry brush the skin for 15 minutes each evening. Dry brushing is hugely beneficial to the skin and body; it boosts circulation, helps the body remove toxins by boosting lymphatic function. It is a very old but well known technique, and stimulating the skin is said to put into motion the healing processes in the rest of the body.
• Only use all natural mineral make-up! Be sure to check the make-up you are using is all natural and chemical free. This type of make-up is so good for the skin you can exercise in it! The minerals have natural sun protective qualities, and they help draw excess oil away from the skin, improving break outs and unclogging pores.
• Avoid using perfume this week! A simple spray of perfume can spray anywhere up to 400 different chemicals onto the skin..
She said, “By taking these simple steps for seven days you will be keeping your skin chemical free and significantly helping the bodies efforts to detox. Your skin will appear to glow from within, and its texture and appearance will be significantly better and you will be feeling great!”
By Laura Parr