Australian fashion designer, Collette Dinnigan, shows you how to make a style statement with minimum fuss.
• Style is not necessarily just about appearance but also how you hold yourself and your confidence.
• It is really important to take care of your body, paying attention to good nutrition, healthy hair with a great cut, well manicured nails and posture are paramount as a basis to great style.
• When it comes to dressing, start from the inside and work out. Think about your underwear with different outfits and let the underwear make you feel good.
• When selecting classic pieces, look for colours that suit your complexion. As a guide warm skin tones should choose cool colours and vice versa.
• Remember outfits that make you feel great. When dressing casually I like a long print dress with flat shoes. I feel elegant but it is still a relaxed look.
• Understand and embrace your body shape. Select key wardrobe pieces in shapes and lengths that suit you, rather than choosing based on trend. If you are unsure, keep it classic but try to add a twist.
• Depending on your budget, handbags are always a great statement accessory and investment piece and quite often it is what you keep in yours that makes a difference.
• A small container of MAC Face & Body and some Paw Paw ointment are great for last minute touch-ups.
• Dress codes can be confusing. If you are not sure, stick with classics and simple accessories, such as a cashmere shawl or cardigan which never go astray. A beautifully cut black dress with a statement shoe is an essential.
• Invest in your shoes and ensure that you maintain them.
Love fashion? Catch What Not To Wear on LifeStyle YOU®.