No longer reserved for weekends, bringing casual fashion into the everyday and evening is easier than you think.
The rules of dressing have changed. Especially in spring, notes Toni Baston, of THE ICONIC. “Casual dressing done right puts comfort at the core, without sacrificing sophistication and style,” she says.
Renee Stuart, Head of Design at BONDS couldn’t agree more, adding that her designs in casual wear are essentially “easy to wear, comfy clothes that make Aussies feel and look great every day.”
Two celebrities that nail the chic yet casual look magnificently are Alexa Chung and Nicole Richie, who do so by ensuring they don't cross the line between casual and careless (which is generally thin, grey and made of fleece).
Toni and Renee give us the lowdown on how you can incorporate the 'Casual Chic' look into your everyday wardrobe.
Key Pieces to Keeping Casual, Chic:
* Stripes are always in fashion. Dress a striped tee up or down.
* Oversized tanks are great with almost anything and are super comfy.
* Skinny jeans will take you from the desk to date night. They pair equally well with flats and heels.
* Team leggings with an oversized T-shirt, sweater tied around the waist, and neon trainers.
* A blazer that's well-tailored will make any outfit look more polished.
* The buttoned up collared shirt is a must for every wardrobe, and is the ultimate in classic sophistication.
Play Up Or Play Down Your Look:
* Accessorise! Whether that be with a bold lipstick or statement necklace.
* Trendy trainers in neon colours are a fun way to update your outfit.
Core Casual Colours:
* Start with a basic colour palette, perhaps white or stripes. Then you can add other pops of colour such as navy and grey, to keep the look sophisticated.
* Don't be afraid to add in accents of pink and coral and have fun with fashion for spring and summer.