Gorgeous new Channel V music presenter, Carissa Walford, has these great tips for what to wear to a summer music festival.
1. Dress for the weather not for fashion. Ok not entirely, but if you’re showing some leg wear a funky jacket if it’s cold to balance out the amount of skin you show. Whatever you do, don’t wear a bikini top on its own.
2. Pack a poncho. Again this is for the weather. You just never know what’s going to happen. If it turns out you’re in the mood to dance in the rain ( you should be! ) then you can always give it to a frustrated friend who doesn’t want to get their hair wet.
3. Always pack compact powder and a small brush. This way you can pat down the sweat. I’ve had a pimple grow during the day at a festival and I didn’t have anything to cover it up with so this is why powder solves everything!
4. Wear a good bra. It’s a good place for your ID and money ( notes only). This way you can have your phone in your back pocket [assuming your wearing denim shorts/ jeans] and the only worry you will have is losing your phone, not your entire bag.
5. Take a program to plan your day… but to a certain extent! It’s supposed to be a fun day but if there are two of your favourite artists playing at the same time then you’re in a pickle and you will be in the position of making a rash decision.