Keep your downstairs body hair tidy with Gok Wan's tips:
• If you're a wax virgin you can lessen the pain by trimming your body hair down to a couple of centimetres.
• If you don't fancy waxing then you can use an epilator, but they work in the same way by ripping the hair out at the root. They've been around for years and they've really come along way: where once they were torture tools, now they're much, much better. Many women find using an epilator less painful than waxing and certainly less messy. Hair regrowth take around five weeks to appear.
• Shaving is very popular and very quick and cheap. You can buy razors now that have a vibrating mechanism built in that pulls the skin more taut so that more of the hair pokes through and your razor can cut it off at a lower point.
• If you are planning to shave your bikini line, make sure you shave downwards then you'll have less ingrowing hairs.
• Don't pamper before your period – your skin is too sensitive.
• Always buff. Dry body buffing using a circular motion will encourage the hair to grow out straight rather than curled which causes the little bump underneath the skin.
• Tea-tree oil is a natural skin soother.