The Brazilian or full bush? Manzilian or just manscaping? Nad’s Hair Removal investigated the latest trends in Australia’s ‘below the belt’ grooming habits and you’ll be surprised by the results.
Brazilian or full bush?
The jury is out. The majority of men prefer the Brazilian (hair free) when it comes to women’s downstairs grooming. In fact, some men even described hair down there as a ‘turn off’. However, modern women are not giving into the wants of men; the most popular grooming choice for women is a ‘neatly groomed area’.
Contrary to recent rumours that ‘the bush is back’, 85% of women choose to groom their hair down there. Of these women, the majority are opting for ‘at home’ solutions to hair removal.
And if you think Australian women are using winter as an excuse to ‘let the grass grow’, you’d be wrong. Over 60% of women ensure their groomed all year round, most sighting partners or ‘unexpected relations’ as the reason for their year-long regime.
Women are opting for laser hair removal in droves, in fact when asked if they’d laser downstairs and go hair free forever, 60% of women jumped at the idea of never having to groom their downstairs area again.
Interestingly guys are shying away from the below the belt afro too. Downstairs grooming is also the norm for men these days, with 64% of men choosing to primp their area. It’s not the obvious choice of bigger looking parts that tops the list. The men chose the fact that ‘sex feels better’ as the top reason for grooming.
However, the women of Australia will be pleased to know a partner’s likes and dislikes rates a close second in the reasoning behind grooming choices. One manzilian master says ‘if I expect women to do it, then I should too’.
And for guys looking at impress the ladies, it’s time to ditch the gorilla suit. Over half of the women of Australia sited a hairy man as a turnoff with back hair as the biggest male turnoff surprisingly followed by chest hair, with butt hair coming in at third.
Some interesting body hair stats
• Men from NSW are the most considerate when it comes to grooming their downstairs area - the majority sited their partner’s likes/dislikes as the reason for their grooming decision, all other states chose ‘sex feeling better’ as the reason for grooming.
• Western Australian men are most likely to talk about their downstairs grooming with their mates
• Men from NSW are more concerned about size: the greatest percentage of men from NSW chose ‘to make their parts look bigger’ as the reason for grooming their downstairs area
• Queensland men are the most superficial when it comes to grooming. 1 in 10 men wouldn’t call a women after a one night stand if she hadn’t groomed her downstairs area.
• 25% of South Australian women are turned off by a man who has chest hair
• Women from NSW topped the states as preferring a man who goes hair free down stairs
• Could it be the beach lifestyle? Manzilian (hair free) is now the most popular grooming choice for Queensland men, with 40% of men choosing to go hair free down there. Although only 10% of Queensland women chose ‘hair free’ as their preferred method of men’s grooming!