Amber Heard Withdraws her Request for Spousal Support

Amber Heard says people are missing the 'real issue' around her divorce.

Three weeks after filing for divorce against her estranged husband Johnny Depp, Amber instructed her lawyers to withdrawn her request for spousal support.

The actress says her request has been “used against me to distract and divert the public away from the very serious, real issue of domestic violence.”

Amber, 30, had initially requested $50,000 a month, but her request was denied by a judge after she was granted a temporary restraining order against her husband following her claims that he abused her in a drunken rampage of domestic violence.

According to court documents obtained by TMZ, the actress asked for spousal support because she thought it was standard procedure in divorce cases.

She also stated: “In light of the coordinated false and negative media campaign falsely depicting my attempts to attain a CLETS Domestic Violence Restraining Order as being financially motivated, I am hereby with drawing the request...for spousal support."

Since filing for divorce, Amber has been met with claims she is after Johnny’s money. The Pirate of the Caribbean star’s lawyer initially rejected Amber’s request for spousal support saying she was trying “to secure a premature financial resolution by alleging abuse”.

Despite withdrawing her request, Amber could still receive spousal support once the divorce hearing takes place. Although, the amount she would possibly received would be significantly less than most divorce cases because the pair were only married for 15 months.

Want more? We thought you might like this video.

Like this artice? Subscribe to our newsletter to get more articles like this delivered striaght to your inbox.

By registering you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Privacy Notice


Sign Out

Join the Conversation

Please note, LifeStyle cannot respond to all comments posted in our comments feed. If you have a comment or query you would like LifeStyle to respond to, please use our feedback form.