If you did at least five of these things, then congratulations! You were cool in 2005.
It seems only yesterday that accessing the Internet from our phones still seemed light years away, Mr & Mrs Smith were creating some serious chemistry on the big screen, and we were cheering Lance Armstrong to the finish line during the Tour De France. How much things change in a decade!
Here's our list of 18 things that were cool 10 years ago.
1. If you were really cool, you even had a camera on your flip phone
2. Hair streaks on men. They were still a thing
3. As was man liner
4. And being totally punk rock like Avril Lavigne and wearing pink streaks in our hair
5. And if you were all alone on a Saturday night, you went to your local Blockbuster store and rented King Kong, or Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire
Credit: Universal Pictures
8. A visible g-string paired with low-cut jeans was the height of cool. Extra points for a cropped shrug
9. Boho was everywhere (and so was Paris Hilton)
10. An evening dress wasn’t glam unless it was satin
11. But it was Gwen Stefani who showed us where fashion was really at. Hollaback Gurl!
12. You cried real tears when Destiny’s Child officially broke up. (But being secretly relieved because we all like Beyonce best anyway)
13. And were totally jealous of your friend’s CD car stacker
15. And thought for a fleeting moment that you needed a Bluetooth earpiece
16. You rushed out to buy a ‘Vote For Pedro’ T-shirt and couldn’t stop quoting Napoleon Dynamite to save yourself
Credit: Google Images
18. And finally, you wore at least one rubber bracelet for whatever charity you thought was worthy
What was your favourite thing about 2005? Let us know by commenting below!