What do the stars use to plump, preen and pamper? We take a peak inside their beauty bags.
1. Oscar winner Cate Blanchett loves Jan Marini Mascara, $154, because “it delivers lots of volume”.
2. Kim Kardashian’s glowing complexion is thanks to Bio-Oil, 60ml, $14.95. “It prevents wrinkles around my eyes and stretch marks on my body. It keeps my skin nourished and hydrated,” she says.
3. “Day-to-day I lightly blow-dry my hair to give it a polished and fresh look to smooth out any frizziness or flyaways. My dream product is Goldwell Kerasilk Anti Frizz Serum, it just finishes off the blow-dry leaving my hair with a smooth sleek finish. It also protects my hair,” says Australia’s Next Top Model host, Charlotte Dawson.
4. “My hands are very important to me and my music which is why I indulge with regular manicures. My favourite shade of OPI lacquer is Lincoln Park After Dark,” says Delta Goodrem. OPI lacquers are $19.95.
5. Rihanna loves Nars Orgasm Illuminator, $29. The weightless fluid makes skin appear refreshed, radiant and glowing thanks to the flecks of gold, peach and pink shimmer.
6. How does Reese Witherspoon get her hair so shiny and soft? She uses good old Johnson’s Baby Shampoo! It’s quite the bargain, too, at around $5 a bottle!
7. What does LifeStyle YOU’s Ru Paul say is her must-have beauty tool? "An eyelash curler! I've loving the Vanity Mark one right now. I don't put on any makeup when I'm not in drag, but I always use this to really open up my eyes. When I'm in drag, the curler keeps my false lashes symmetrical." Plus she loves M.A.C. Pink Lemonade Lipglass, $34, because it “looks good on every skin tone".
8. Jennifer Love Hewitt can’t live without Elizabeth Arden 8-Hour Cream Skin Protectant, $35. “You can use it for practically anything. It gives a fresh glow," she says.
9. "Fragrances have a nostalgic element to them and are an important part of who you are and how you present yourself,” says Sienna Miller. “They are a sensory weapon and have the power to change your mood. I like the citrus notes of the BOSS Orange fragrances - they are young, fresh and uplifting."
10. Lily Allen loves ModelCo’s Shimmer Spray, $26. “It looks great on stage and the Shimmer Stick is a godsend,” she says.
11. Dear John and Mamma Mia actress, Amanda Seyfried admitted that she loves Benefit blushes. “Benefit blushes are so easy to blend,” she said. “They work great on me because they create a subtle flush against my pale complexion.” Amanda’s must-have Benefit cheek treats are “rush hour” and “sugarbomb”.
12. Chanel makeup artist Angela Levin says she plays Jennifer Aniston’s blue eyes up with a reddish brown shadow found in Chanel's new Collection Essentielle de Chanel Multi-Use Make-Up palette in Paris-New York. "The red hue in the powder really made Jen's blue eyes pop," she says.
13. Kylie Minogue and Jennifer Lopez both swear by StriVectin new Overnight Facial Resurfacing Serum, RRP$65. The anti-aging potion contains prickly pears and pink seaweed and is meant to be used every night under moisturiser to maximise its gentle exfoliating effects.
14. Aussie presenter Sophie Falkner loves Ere Perez makeup. "The Rosehip Oil Lipbar is amazing and I can’t wait to try the bronzing powder," she says. The Lipbar retails for $19.95.