A beautiful beach wedding doesn't have to cost the earth. A beach wedding theme is easy to create and personalise. Here are some clever ideas to help bring your beach wedding theme to life.
1. Ditch the corsetted gown and go barefoot in a long, slinky sundress- add glamour with a jewelled headband or all-out chandelier drop earrings.
2. Go natural - it's the only option for beach-wedding beauty. Bronzer, lip gloss and salt spray with no make-up artist fee required.
3. Consider the comfort of your guests - fill two big metal tubs with ice, one for cool welcome drinks and one for sunscreen. Keep the style consistent and use metal pails for holding flowers.
4. Stick to resilient blooms. Flowers can wilt in humidity and heat so choose orchids or hardy wildflowers.
5. "Think of your favourite things and use colour to control," says event stylist Philip Carr. "Your theming can be quite childlike."
6. Opt for parasols to indicate a gathering area, then give them as gifts. "Many beaches don’t allow chairs on the sand," says Philip Carr. "This is a moment when parasols come into their own."
7. Wear tribal accessories. Island tribal earrings, necklaces and bangles go hand in hand with the casualness of a beach wedding.
8. Make your day stiletto free - stay comfy and save by wearing sandals. This goes for the guys, too.
9. Travel for a destination wedding - some resorts offer a honeymoon when holding a wedding on the resort grounds. Free honeymoon and stunning beach setting.
10. Have a beach breakfast with fresh juices and you'll save on purchasing too much alcohol - limit booze to a signature cocktail like a fruit daiquiri.