Choosing between flooring in your home can be one of the biggest renovation choices you will make.
Luckily, Shaynna Blaze has some advice on how to choose flooring and how to seamlessly mix and match flooring in different spaces.
- When making choices around flooring, you can mix it up a bit. You don' t have to stick to one texture. Clever mixes of different floorings can be really effective.
- For high traffic areas like hallways, kitchens and family rooms hard products, like laminates, work really well. For those luxury areas like lounge rooms and bedrooms, carpet is a better choice.
- Finding floors that compliment each other is the key to creating a beautiful living space. Firstly, select a tone that suits your house. For example rooms with high ceilings work well with warm tones.
- It's important to remember that a warmer colour doesn't necessarily mean a darker tone.
- When carpet and hard floor are close within a house, it’s vital to get the balance right between tones. The colour and tone of each flooring must come from the same family to avoid visual jarring.
- It's also important for the scotia timber to match either the flooring or the skirting.