Selling an older property in an area that has a seen a lot of new homes of renovations pop up, can be a tricky sale.
Andrew explains the dos and don'ts of competing with other established homes.
- Play up the good points of your property like the mature gardens.
- To ensure that your house is looking the best it can, make sure everything is clean and tidy and that the garden beds and lawns are in good condition.
- If you can't afford a big makeover, an easy and classic fix is to change the tap ware in the kitchen and bathrooms. It's a simple fix, but can take 10 to 15 years off the interior.
- While it is hard to compete with a brand new kitchen, spraying an old ne can make a huge impact - and it is much more cost effective.
- Finally, do as much as possible to update your property so that there is less for the buyer to do.