Looking to sell your home? The psychology behind buying a house means its important to re-vamp your home before putting it on the market.
The rules of the game have changed with property sales now based on the psychology and consumer behaviour.
According to Sydney real estate team, ke3 Property, the best way sell a ‘vision’ and attract the highest profit possible is by implementing the following steps:
1) Clean, repair and maintain: You as a seller may not consider clean windows a high priority when selling your home but to a potential buyer, this could be the difference between purchasing your home, or the one down the street. Think about re-carpeting, a fresh coat of paint, getting your house and windows professionally washed and keeping up with garden maintenance.
2) Pick the right agent: Choosing the right agent is vital, be sure to pick someone who knows not only how to sell the property, but the lifestyle, location and financial opportunity too. When buying a property you’re not just buying the house itself, but everything that surrounds it as well. Got a great park walking distance from your house? Make sure your buyers know about it.
3) Use an agent who is prepared to sweat the small stuff: Does your home have air conditioning, a water feature, or a fireplace? All of these items bring value to your property so make sure your agent places a value on them too.
4) Imagery is everything: The imagery of your property potential seen on the internet or in print, are what your potential buyers first impression will be created from. It is imperative to give the buyer a full overview of what living at your property would look like so include several snaps of the property, the location and the view. Five pictures are simply not enough; aim for 25 quality images to make sure your property gets the best exposure.
5) Use video to increase internet attention and engagement: A virtual walk through video is a great marketing tool to utilise when selling as it gives buyers the opportunity to inspect your home from the comfort of their couch. The use of video also gives your property an edge over the competition, with potential buyers feeling more engaged and connected to your property after a virtual experience.
6) Create a more prominent Internet marketing campaign: Everyone is busy so not all buyers have the time to inspect your property right away. Increase the attention your property receives four-fold by having a strong internet presence and ensuring potential buyers are only one click away from falling in love with your property.
7) Stage the open: Imagine you’re the buyer walking into a home with scented candles lining the entrance, fresh flowers on the dining room table and calming music floating through the house – this is sure to impress. Buyers will immediately feel comfortable, calm, and enticed. As a seller you are saying to potential buyers “this is the feeling you can have if you buy the home.” Remember, you’re not only selling a home you’re selling a ‘vision’.