5 most important things to consider when selling your home
1. Your home is just another one ‘for sale’, expect to have to compete for a buyer.
2. Is your home looking its absolute best – could you not tidy / hide away a few more things, clean a little more?
3. Go out when people come to view, you will just get in the way.
4. Do not sell secretly, always get a board up and ADVERTISE.
5. PRICE, be realistic. 99% of buyers never pay over the market value, so if you are asking over market value you will not sell.
5 Most common things buyers are looking for when buying a home
1. Easy access to view your home. Make sure your agent can get hold of you any time and leave them a key.
2. A clean, tidy home.
3. A home that is easy to find. Make sure your number is clearly marked and parking is easy. If your street is not easy to park in, get your cars of the drive.
4. A home that looks like they are expecting. Character homes should have an interior that reflects that, contemporary homes the same applies and if you are selling a four bedroom home, ensure the bedrooms look like bedrooms not store rooms.
5. A feeling of space and light. Even in a one bedroom unit all buyers want it to feel as spacious and bright as possible. Space and light is the most common term used as buyers wonder around a home they claim to like.