Andrew Winter's top selling tips:
• Think like a buyer before you put your home on the market - make it look its best, if you can't, expect to drop your price!
• Be self critical of your property, you naturally will think it is the best on the market, but is it really. How does it compare?
• If you are in no rush to sell, or do not need to sell - why are you trying to? Generally if selling is not a priority agents and buyers will pick this up and walk away anyway. If you want to sell go to the market, but expect market value, nobody ever gets more, except perhaps a property that has a particular rare feature or is in great demand by a specific party for a specific reason. In 95% of all cases your home is just one of many on the market at any one time.
• Work with your agent, you are paying for a service, expect one but also listen to their advice and expertise.
• If you are selling expect to have to put effort in, whether it is tidying, cleaning, going out so you are not in at viewing times, moving out earlier than planned - at the end of the day you do what you need to do to sell.